Tuesday, September 13, 2005

To my mother and her companion

Premonicion (Detail) by Yvette Boulet

This is a tribute to my mother, to her paintings and her writings.
She was a very creative, intelligent and funny woman. Many times she was full of wit and sarcasm, also she was my worst critic, but my best supporter. Without her support, I would have never become a dancer and eventually a choreographer.

She died last year, she gave up, she was tired.

This year her long time companion, the one that gave her so much love for the last 25 years, organized an exposition of some of her paintings; it was a ritual of love.

I make this space, a place to honour her and him. It is my own way of expressing my love to both of them.

I miss her so much

5 Comments:

Blogger Max Bouillet said...

This is a very wonderfully designed tribute. The presentation is filled with love and it can be felt in the way you crafted the site. Superb.

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cousin Andrea,

What a fantastic site! I miss my "Aunt Baby" -- she is all you said she was and more! Did she ever publish her autobiography? I read a rough draft of it.

Happy Birthday, dear Cousin!

Bonnie

5:25 AM  
Blogger Alejandro Pisanty said...

Yvette was a force of nature all by herself. She was fun, straight as an arrow, and kept us, a bunch of youths in the 1970s, on our ways to somewhere. Unforgettable, never forgotten.

Alejandro Pisanty

4:32 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Alejandro! Que sorpresa! :-)

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Mario Herrera Carballido said...

Andrea:
Nunca aprendí a escribir en ingles, nunca aprendí a hablarlo siquiera, lo leo, no sin dificultad. Pero lo que si aprendí fueron muchas de las palabras dichas por tu madre, esas nunca las olvidaré. Así como nunca he olvidado la calidez de su estudio y sus conversaciones en la casa de la calle de La Quemada, en el Distrito Federal.
Espero pronto saber de ti, mi correo es: lascuatroydiez@msn.com
Mario Herrera Carballido

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home